May 16 Storm Debris Pick Up
give feedback
alert diamond Report it!

Office of the City Secretary

Contact: 979-337-7375

Jump to: Permitting and Licensing | Unclaimed Property | What is the Office of City Secretary | Staff Biography

Permits and Licenses

Looking for Building Inspections, Vendor/Solicitor, Mobile Home, Health & Food Safety Permits?

  • Alcoholic Beverage Licenses As allowed in Section 11.38 of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, the City can levy and collect a fee equal to, or not more than, one-half of the State's fee for each permit issued by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) for premises located within the city limits of Brenham.
    In order to obtain your permit, please contact the local TABC office at 512-206-3333. Once the application process is complete, the applicant will be notified of the amount due for the City of Brenham permit. If you have any questions about obtaining your City alcoholic beverage permit, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 979-337-7375.
  • Non-consent Towing The City of Brenham requires all towing companies to obtain a Non-Consent Tow Contract before operating within the city limits. For information on how to obtain a contract, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 979-337-7375.
  • Vehicles for Hire The City requires that all taxicabs obtain a permit before operating within the city limits. Applications for taxicab permits can be picked up in the City Secretary's Office (Suite 206 in City Hall).
  • Vendor/Solicitor Permits

Unclaimed Property - How to Claim Your Property

  • Look for your name or your business name on the City of Brenham's Unclaimed Funds report:
  • If the amount shown is greater than $100 your claim MUST be submitted to the State of Texas Comptroller's Office. Go to or call 800-321-2274 for details.
  • If you would like to file a claim to retrieve the property being held by the City of Brenham, complete the appropriate claim form and return it along with the required documentation to:
By Mail: 
City of Brenham
P. O. Box 1059
Brenham, TX 77834-1059
Attn: City Secretary

City of Brenham
City Secretary's Office
200 W. Vulcan, Suite 206

  • Once your claim form is received and the supporting documents verified for accuracy, a check will be mailed to you within 90 days. If questions and/or problems arise while processing your claim, the City Secretary will contact you either by phone or U.S. mail.
  • If you have any questions related to the filing of your claim, you may contact the City Secretary at 979-337-7375.

Which Claim Form To Use?

  • Original Owner, Claim Form A: Use this form if your name is shown on the Unclaimed Funds Report and you are the person claiming the property.
  • Business Owner, Claim Form B: Use this form if you are the owner of the business listed on the Unclaimed Funds Report or if you are an authorized representative of the business listed.
  • General, Claim Form C: Use this form if you are an heir, trustee, executor, administrator, or parent of the person listed on the Unclaimed Funds Report. You must also use this form if you are an officer of an organization listed on the Report.

What is the Office of City Secretary?

The City Secretary is an officer of the City, required by the City's Charter, and is appointed by the City Council.

The Office of City Secretary maintains and preserves the official records of the City, including Council minutes, contracts, agreements, ordinances, resolutions, and deeds. The City Secretary is the designated Records Management Officer for the City. In addition, the City Secretary provides elections services to all voters and candidates. The City Secretary's Office is also responsible for the issuance of certain permits and licenses including alcoholic beverage licenses, vehicles for hire, and sanitation franchise.

In addition to the statutory duties of the position, the City Secretary also:

  • Provides support, assistance, and information to the City Council
  • Encourages public participation in the municipal government process; and
  • Provides daily assistance to all administrative departments of the City of Brenham

If you would like additional information about the City Secretary, please call 979-337-7375.

City Secretary Biographies

City Secretary - Jeana Bellinger, TRMC, CMC
Jeana Bellinger has been with the City of Brenham since November 2006 and was appointed City Secretary by the City Council on October 16, 2008. Prior to her appointment as City Secretary, she was the Administrative Assistant to the City Manager.

In 2010 Jeana obtained her Bachelor's degree in business management from LeTourneau University and received her Texas Registered Municipal Clerk (TRMC) certification through the University of North Texas. In 2016 she received her Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) certification through the International Institute of Municipal Clerks.

She is an active member of the Texas Municipal Clerks Association (TMCA) having served on the Audit Committee, the Scholarship Committee, and the Clerk of the Year Committee. Jeana is also an active member of the Capital Chapter of Municipal Clerks and is currently serving her third term as the Chapter President. Jeana was selected Capital Chapter Clerk of the Year in both 2015 and 2016.

Jeana and her husband, Eric, are empty-nesters residing in Hempstead who enjoy spending time with their four grandchildren.

Deputy City Secretary - Robin Hutchens